Water Conservation Rebates Up to $150
Since washing machines and toilets account for up to 60% of the water used in the typical household, MWSD is offering water conservation rebates:
The widespread adoption of both high efficiency washing machines and low-flow toilets in the MWSD service area would significantly reduce demand for water, reduce the amount of energy required to pump, treat, and heat water, and reduce the load on our waste water treatment system.
- $150 rebate for high efficiency washing machines with a water factor of 3 and below,
- $100 rebate for low-flow toilets of 1.28 gallons per flush or less
- Complete application on reverse side.
- Attach the original sales receipt for each item.
- Retain a copy of application and receipt for your records; MWSD is not responsible for materials lost in mail.
- Attach a copy of a recent water bill or provide address of installation location.
- Send completed application package to MWSD, P.O. Box 370131, Montara, CA. 94037
- E-mail any questions to email@example.com or call 650-728-3545.
- Washing machines must have a water factor of 3 or lower visit www.cee1.org
- Low flow toilets (1.28 gallons per flush) should have a IAPMO-approved UPC symbol on the outside of the box containing the toilet tank and the application must specify make and model.
- Washers and toilets must be installed in MWSD service area prior to submitting application.
- MWSD reserves the right to make an on site inspection of installation prior to issuance of rebate.
- The IRS requires that customers receiving rebates greater than $600 be issued IRS Form 1099
Links to High Efficiency Washer and Toilet Application and More Information