A little water system history from a Citizens Utilities document dated 11/97
Water service in this area was commenced in 1907 by subdividers to facilitate the sales of real estate. The water system properties were acquired by the Public Utilities California Corporation in 1928, which then changed names to Citizens Utilities Company of California in 1949. In 1950, Citizens sold its properties in the Half Moon Bay area and a portion of the properties in the Moss Beach area to Coastside County Water District. In 1958, CUCC acquired a water system from the Montara School District that was originally installed by the U. S. Navy in 1944.